Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-02-02, 01:51

Question Your opinion on buying refills.

Have you ever bought refills, and did they help in your creative flow at any giving time? Did you buy them because you feel you lack the time on designing patches yourself, or perhaps you were lazy?

I just bought a bundle with Psy-Trance sounds in them, mostly because I lack the skill and knowledge on how to design an average psychedelic sound, which is why I finally and took the time, to make my creative flow easier for myself, by buying some refills. I'm aware there are no rules on which sound I choose for a psy-trance song, since it's the rhythm and pace they determines the genre, but there are just sounds that anybody can point out and say "That is a definitely something that could belong to psychedelic music"

I find it very difficult to create complex patches, that would fit into my songs, and I end up with something very simple, that just doesn't really fit into the song, but it still works.

Hehe, it almost sound like I'm trying to make an excuse for something, but I'm not tbh. Just not experienced enough to do some advanced tweaking.

Could use a Reason mentor.

The gear I use for production:

Balance.
ADAM A7X monitors
Nektar Panorama P4
Shure SRH 940 studio headphones.

I do not own that many RE's since I believe that everything I need, are already inside Reason.