Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-02-23, 08:51

Question Help With Mimicking This Synth

Hello there,

So I started getting back into producing music again after many years, but decided to dive into it more seriously.

So I decided to try to mimic a production song as close as possible before I started producing my own stuff to learn it. So far I have learned a lot just in trying to recreate this one synth in particular, but still haven't been able to successfully mimic the sound of it.

Here is the original production synth / song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIik72IUdrA&t=3m11s

And here is what I have so far:
https://soundcloud.com/enyth/colors-of-persia-isosynth

And yes, I know, it sounds nothing near the original

The more I listen in between what I have and the original, the further away it feels I am from getting to that sound. I've spent this whole week working on trying mimic this synth alone and still can't get it right.

Can anyone help me with the right direction on this? From hearing what I have, what does it sound like I need to add / remove / modify?

My higher notes on the synth seems to "flatten out" (if that's the right term) in comparison to the original. Or it doesn't sound as "sharp" as the original.

I originally had this on one Thor, but later copied and pasted it to separate the "bass" notes of that melody from the higher notes. I did this because I noticed in the original, the delay line / reverb doesn't affect the "bass" notes as it does on the higher ones, so I assumed that these were separated from each other.

For the higher notes, I have on my Thor:

If there's any other information / stuff that you need for me to post, just let me know and I can provide if able

ANY help is REALLY appreciated!!

Thanks for looking!