Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-02-12, 05:50

Focus mode

When I go to edit automation of a parameter a lot of the time I have to scroll through the sequencer to enter my clips and nodes. I am taken to the device in the sequencer but I still need to scroll up or down to find the lane for the specific automation I want to enter as the sequencer doesn't open up far enough and it is not centered on the parameter I want to edit.

Also when I want to record midi I map it the way I want on the device and usually hit 'edit automation' on one of the parameters to quickly see if the device in the sequencer is record enabled, here I have the same problem where rather than recording immediately I need to scroll up and down in the sequencer to make sure record is enabled.

This made me think of an 'Edit automation and focus' option. When I select this on a parameter I can see the knob or other parameter in the rack clearly and I am also taken to that exact lane in the sequencer, or possibly only this device and its automations and note data in the sequencer. Also the SSL could display the main fader, but more importantly just be focused on the device parameter in the rack and in the sequencer.

Cheers.

*Soundcloud