Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-11-08, 16:31

Question Sampling in Reason 6.5

It seems i can't get it to work.

I have issues with my brand new audio interface (Focusrite Scarlett 2i2) as described here https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/...d.php?t=170445 (on both, Windows Vista 32bit and Windows 7 64bit).

I can play sound from the computer trough the Scarlett 2i2 but recording seems impossible.

What i want to achieve is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vfu4n4KcAI

In the beginning of that tutorial video you see the level meters in the Hardware Interface of Reason going up and down.
Even that doesn't work on my end.

Checklist:

-. I can hear sound from my computer (without Reason) trough my Scarlett 2i2 by playing an mp3 or watch a video

-. I can hear sound from Reason when i drum on my keyboard playing in Kong or playing Thor

-. I have set (in Vista and Win7) in Windows settings that the default soundcard (for playing AND recording) is the Scarlett 2i2.

-. In Reason the audio interface is set to Scarlett 2i2

-. I created an audio track and click record, started VLC player with an mp3 but no sound is recorded to that audio track in Reason sequenzer.

-. I tried the same in Kong using the Nano Sampler, same story it doesn't record a damn thing.

All issues described are on both, Windows Vista 32bit and Windows 7 64bit.
So playing seems to work fine, however, recording does not work at all.

Did i forgot something?