Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-02-15, 14:52

Buying new laptop

Hey! I'm not a tech savvy guy, not very pacient, and I have a hoist of other negative personality traits.. So instead of looking around for answers, I'm just going to ask here. I noticed that whith my 6 year old macbook, the propellerhead setup did not run very smoothly, there was a massive delay from my guitar to my headphones, I had problems recording one track over another etc. When I run the setup on my mothers new Imac, everything works perfectly. What computer specs are neccessary for the reason essentials and balance setup to properly function? I would greatly appreciate practical advice like "buy this computer" over "you need a computer that has this, this and this". I'm looking to buy a new laptop with recording in mind. Also, I'm a student and while i'm willing to invest in something proper, I would rather get away with spending as little money as _neccessary_. Thanks a bunch!