Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-02-16, 23:54

Problems setting up external MIDI device

I'm sorry if there's something basic I'm missing here, but I've been using Reason for many years and have never before tried to use an external MIDI controller that wasn't connected to the computer via USB. I've been messing around with settings for an hour and just can't get it to work.

Here's all I want to do: I would like to control Reason Drums via my Roland Octapad, which only has a MIDI 5-pin interface. I have a Presonus Firestudio Project and M-Audio Axiom 25 II, both of which have MIDI 5-pin in and out. I can play in Reason via the Axiom perfectly, but I can't get Reason to recognize the Octapad when I have it plugged in to either piece of hardware.

I'm running an iMac with OSX Mountain Lion.

Like I say, there has to be something key and obvious I've overlooked. I'd be happy using either interface. Can someone assist? Thanks.

Last edited by dermich; 2013-02-16 at 23:59.