Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-03-04, 05:22

Not Really A Poll: How much TIME do you spend making music?

I'd make this as a poll but alas, I cannot... so just reply as you see fit.

There have been several polls about "what type of user are you" that attempt to figure out if the userbase is more "hobbyists" or "professionals" or whatever. What I'm more curious about, is how much time people actually spend in Reason making stuff. Call it music, call it beats, call it tracks, call it noise... whatever.

If you can give a definite simple answer like "5 to 10 hours every day because it's part of my job" then great. Or if you're like me, it's a whole day once in a while when I can make the time, so doesn't really work out to a nice simple "X hours per day".

Part of my reason for wondering about this, is the number (and volume [as in loudness]) of people commenting on/complaining/whining about features that are missing from Reason, or why they wish Reason did X Y or Z thing. Not that I disagree with all of these... there is certainly still room for improvement. But as I began wondering what would happen if all those people just stopped complaining and instead made more music (or whatever), I began to wonder just how much time people REALLY spend doing this stuff anyway.

So again to make my own answer clear... Usually once I sit down I get engrossed and spend anywhere from 5 to 15 hours at a stretch. But that's not more than probably about once a week, tops. Probably more like once or twice a month. How 'bout you?

CLICK HERE TO EMAIL ME & SAY HI

Some stuff I've made with Reason...

Loading SoundCloud…