Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-03-25, 05:06

Can someone please help me find some ABBA sounds?

Hello. I'm working on an ABBA-esque song for a film project. Does anyone know of some specific patches I could use?

I've read that Benny (ABBA keyboardist, composer) used a GX-1 and a few other synthesizers. I've read that "Gimme Gimme Gimme" utilizes the ARP Odyssey. I don't know which specific tones are on any of those. While Googling, I did come across news of a ReFill that someone made after playing a GX-1. I'm not sure where to get it, anymore, but I don't think I can buy anything right now.

To top it off, I still only have Reason 3. I have a lot of ReFills, and it would be nice to know specific patch/tone/instrument names so that I don't have to play through everything to find a sound that might work. And I'd hate to pick something that may have been created after the band stopped making music. If someone could point me in the right direction of some leads or pads or whatever that may've been used in ABBA songs or that sound like they are from that era of music, it would be greatly appreciated. If you know your ABBA songs or want to listen online, the song I'm composing might have two versions: one fun and uptempo like "When All is Said and Done" and "I Am the City" and one like "One of Us" and "Should I Laugh or Cry." So, if you know the names of anything used in those songs, it would be helpful.

Thank you!