Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-03-30, 04:35

What are my Options?

Hi, I posted a brief question in another thread but wih to get some more detailed replies regarding my Reason 7 options. Here's the story.

I am a regular user of an older version of Reason that's installed on someone elses computer. Effectively this cannot be used by me in an upgrade deal, as Im not the licence holder. I have been waiting for R7 to be announced for almost a year, and now the time has come, Im onto it. Quite pumped about the features *that admittedly were mostly in R6, which I have never ued either

As a 'new' Reason buyer, are there any smart bundle options? It really seems like i misread some things last week, because I thought that by buying balance qualifies one for a free R7 updrade if they buy before 31st March (tomorrow). What I think I now read was true, *if* one was already a registered reason product user. Which Im not. *licence owner isnt interested in ugrading, so thats not an option)

So what are my options, with a balance/R7 package? It seem that the path would be to buy balance for the full price, then upgrade the esentials licence to R7 (how much is that?).

It should be stated that I dont absolutely need Balance, because I have another audio & midi interface already but thought if I could work out a hardware & software bundle it may be worth it. Maybe Ill just buy R7 on release, and buy balance sometime down the track (no rush, maybe a new interface will e released by props in the meantime)