Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-04-05, 15:55

Parallel Proc in R6 Demo

I was really inspired by James Wiltshire's parallel processing demo, a technique I've used quite a bit but not really to this extent. Also my parallels tend to occur inside a combi using a 14:2 as a submixer.

I thought I'd have a go replicating this demonstration in R6. This is fairly easy to do with spiders but a needs a bit of manual routing. Making a bus group is also a little more cumbersome but it works. The downside is the mute/solo buttons don't quite behave properly - soloing the group channel will, naturally, mute all it's sources - only a minor pain.

The beauty of this method is having the full SSL console strip for each parallel so you can apply dynamics and eq without a ton of MClass devices in a combi.

I've added some automation and annotations to the demo for those new to reason and/or parallel processing.

Hope this is useful.

Link: http://www.fileswap.com/dl/15MN6qWJ0...mo.reason.html
James Wiltshire's Demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N45OAHDWakw

Last edited by razingspiral; 2013-04-05 at 17:31. Reason: Found upload service