Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-05-08, 23:13

Exclamation BUG: Rack/Seq selection from SSL channel

Not sure where to post bugs but thought this was the best place.

This one concerns the two little buttons at the bottom of every SSL channel which can be used to bring either the rack or sequence channel into view for that instrument. It can be reproduced as follows:

1) Open an empty rack
2) Create two arbitrary instruments - let's call them I1 and I2.
3) Select I1 in the sequencer pane - both the SSL channel and the instrument in the rack correctly pulse to indicate the selection.
4) On the SSL channel for I2, click the 'rack' button (at the very bottom of the strip) - the I2 instrument in the rack correctly pulses but the track for I1 pulses in the sequencer pane.
5) When clicking the 'rack' button for any given channel on the SSL, only the currently selected instrument in the sequencer pane will pulse and come into view if off the bottom of the window.

This sort of begs the question, why is the sequencer track pulsing anyway when 'rack' is clicked on in the first place? Why not have just a single 'select' button on the SSL channel that selects the instrument in the rack AND on the sequencer pane.

Not sure whether this has been reported already but it does seem like odd behaviour to me.

Last edited by gavuk; 2013-05-08 at 23:19.