Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-05-02, 16:42

Lightbulb Ghost Sequencer Tracks

Dear Props,

I believe I have a simple idea that will bring inspiration and brilliance even closer within reach for Reason users.

A feature I have been hoping for for over ten years (yes, really) is the ability to see multiple sequencer tracks simultaneously. Why? Because interaction between tracks is needed to make a song brilliant, and it would be priceless to be able to use my eyes to achieve this.

This would be a powerful tool both rhythmically (for example tying several drum tracks and a bass track together into a super-funky mess)
and harmonically (for example creating delicate and complex counterpoint compositions with a dozen orchestral sections at once)

Maybe we could group sequencer tracks together (e.g. bass & drum tracks) or just turn ghost visibility on or off per track. Of course, these tracks need to show up somewhat transparent and/or in a different color to separate them from the active track.

I firmly believe this will be of great use for a large group of us Reason users, a feature that we won't really know how they managed without before.

Thank you for listening, and thank you for a great product.

Last edited by PulseOne; 2013-05-03 at 17:26.