DCAM Bus vs Chan compressors
I would like to ask about one thing. I bought DCAM BusCompressor. But I'v seen there is also ChanCompressor in store.
The differences I'v seen in interface, are:
- Attack speed: Bus has from 0,1 to 30 ms attack / Chan has 0,02 to 1,2.
- Release: Bus Fixed 0,1 to 1,2 sec + Auto / Chan 0,05 to 1,2 sec
- Input gain: Bus -ifninity to 18 db / Chan -20 to 40 db
- Output gain: Bus/Chan -ifninity to 6 db
- Both has mix
- Ratio: Bus has fixed 2,4,10 / Chan has fixed 4,8,12,20,Nuke!
Bus additionaly has:
Chan additionaly has:
I understand, that ChanComp is for single channels, and bus is for group of channels like final mastering.
Now my questions
- Why chan is for one channel, and bus for group of channels?
- Can I stick to bus and use it on channels and group of channels without buying chan comp? Is it proper?
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Keyboard Shortcut Variations (remote mapping)||Onijanex||Phead User Forum (read only)||18||2013-01-07 17:55|
|DCAM Compressors Whats the diff?||realblaze||Phead User Forum (read only)||9||2012-12-04 13:38|
|Q: DCAM BUS comp vs DCAM Chan comp.||ayello||Phead User Forum (read only)||2||2012-11-20 08:33|
|reason compressors: valves or solid states?||endeifya||General Forum (read only)||6||2005-07-29 19:55|
|Dynamic processing 101 (long post about compressors)||tormod||Phead User Forum (read only)||12||2004-11-23 02:40|
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:05.