Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-06-07, 10:52

Factory Sound Samples Outdated?

Hi!
What do you think about Factory Sound Samples quality?
I mean guitars, strings and other instruments?

I mean I'v seen/heard Kontakt 8 samples in my friend's studio, and they sounded realy PRO.

Firstly the size of sample files.
Acoustic guitar in Reason Factory (A-coustic Steel) has 4,4MB, and doesn't sound to good.
The one in Kontakt has I'm not sure, but something about 100MB and is almost perfect.

The one instrument that sounds nice in Factory is Grand Piano. But I still think that one in Kontat sounds better.
------
In my opinion samples of real instruments in Reason are not good enough for studio production, only for home amatour music or learning. If you want to use Reason for profesional music, you just have to buy high quality 3rd part samples RFL. So you need to double or even triple Reason's price if you want to create good music from samples.

Mby PH should add some new samples. It is year 2013, sorry but 2,1GB factory sound bank + 0,6GB orchester bank of all instruments looks prety toy for me ^^

What is your opinion about that? ^^

Last edited by calmbird; 2013-06-07 at 11:06.