Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > Feature Suggestion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-05-14, 04:18

Reason 7 ctrl+click = reset and select simultaneously??

In the new Reason 7 - when using Ctrl + Click to reset a mixer level fader - it also selects that channel strip and then I end up with multiple channels selected. To me that could lead to complications if I hit delete or do some other action and may be unaware of those channels being selected. I know it's probably not too big a deal but I just don't want to think about which channels are selected when I'm mixing unless I'm intentionally selecting channels.

I've been used to ctrl+click to reset values without it actually selecting anything. So this seems new to me and I'd prefer that the ctrl+click reset a knob or fader without actually making a selection of a device or channel simultaneously. If I wanted to select that channel or multiple channels using ctrl+click I wouldn't click the fader, I'd click in a neutral area on the channel strip.

If this is somehow a new beneficial addition to the workflow then I'd love an explanation.