Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-10-12, 06:12

Is there much of a difference in these two audio interfaces?

M-Audio M-Track 2-Channel Portable USB Audio and MIDI Interface

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 USB Audio Interface

I will be using either one to record an audio track from my Motif Rack and Roland JV 880.

I talked to the salesman at GC, but he tried telling me the M Audio wouldn't work because it wouldn't record MIDI. I told him I am using Reason 7 and that its already recording my MIDI notes, and that all I needed, was to create an audio track. I felt like he was trying to sell me something more expensive. I can understand that the Scarlett might have better internal parts, but I don't like being looked at as just another dumb customer which is how it made me feel. I've been using hardware for 20 years now and am just switching over to software so I'm not too keen on all the latest in production technology. I don't want to get too expensive with it either. So, was this guy being honest? Or was I just being too cautious?

Thank you.

Last edited by popinator123; 2013-10-12 at 06:15.