Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-05-17, 13:30

Thumbs down Rack Extensions License method!

Hi,

Little bit annoyed!

I've just upgraded to Reason 7 (boxed version) from Record/Reason 5. Really liking the new mixing and work flow features in Reason 7, can't complain there!

The thing which is really annoying is, I don't have an internet connection on my main audio PC (I won't be the only one I'm sure). And I'd like to keep it like that.
This mean's there's no way I can use one of the cool features in Reason, which are the Rack Extensions! Can't even test there new "Free" Audiomatic Retro Transformer.

I don't understand why they don't just use the same methods on the RE as they did on the upgrade process!
i.e,
buy the RE you want, download the RE file from your account, transfer the license to your I.key, run the registered RE on any computer with your key using the codemeter and Authorizer software!

Sorry, for the rant, but it's annoying me. I've paid for a "full" upgrade but, I can only use part's of it.
It's a shame, I've been using Reason for around 9 years! Nothing's really annoyed me with Propellerhead until now.

Hopefully Propellerhead's will come up with something to change this.