Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-05-17, 21:03

Question Adding Pod-XT live amps in Reason 7

Hi !

I own a Line6 Pod-XT Live and I would like to add the amps (with all the patches I have bought) in Reason 7. When the Pod is connected to the computer, there is no problem, I can see them. But if I unplug it, a dialog box tells me this :

"Could Not Add Line 6 Models Froms Hardware: (Computer)

The Line 6 Amp model set in Reason could not be extended to include additional models from the connected hardware. This is because your hardware isn't updated for use with Reason yet. You can still use the audio inputs and outputs on the Line 6 hardware and you can still use the default amp models in Reason.
To update your hardware, please visit:
http://line6.com/phreason
and follow the instructions."

Yay ! So I've opened the web page and followed the instructions, which are "Simply run Line 6 Monkey with your Line 6 interface connected to your computer to confirm that it has been activated to work with Record. If your device has not been activated yet, Monkey will instruct you to activate new features.". But nothing happens... I have the latest version of Line6 Monkey (1.62) and all my drivers are up to date. They even say "If necessary, press the “Activate Features” button in Monkey.", but this button doesn't appear in Monkey.

Maybe I misunderstand the whole thing (maybe the hardware HAS to be plugged in), but the dialog box (which appears every time I start Reason without the Pod connected) is a bit confusing.

Thanks for your help !