Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-06-13, 20:36

Real time Matrix Recording?

3rd Floor posted about this a while back but i can't post in that thread for whatever reason.

"Realtime Matrix Recording

A thread in the general forum made me realize it was possible - and pretty cool, too 
Matrix>External Midi Instrument>Controller>Selected reason track.
It should have hit me right away, but with that setup you can press record, set the matrix going, and alter notes which then get recorded into whatever instrument you select in the rack.

With the arpeggiator you can either use two controllers, or lock your controller to an instrument, then use the on-screen keyboard to play the arpeggiator. Lots of fun "

anyone have any ideas why i can't get this to work?

i've got

matrix->EMI->nanokey or M-Audio O2v8 assigned to a Thor.

i press play, nothing. i mess with the matrix pattern, nothing. far as i know the settings for the two midi keys are ok. does this only work with hardware synths n so on?

Last edited by plaamook; 2013-06-13 at 21:10.