Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-06-16, 16:08

Question Eq Issues. Need help

So I have this song I'm working on, and I thought to myself that I should put a multi band compressor on the master inserts, just to see how it will sounds like when the song is done.

Now I noticed that the bassdrum/kick gets ducked for some reason unknown, and I can't find anything in the spectrum that indicates interference on the bass drum, and there are several sidechain inserts connected to the instruments in the mixer. By the way, the compressor also changed the sound of the kick drum, so it sounds more bass like, and not punchy as it did originally. Now I don't mind that, but it might be the root to all the evil going on in the song.

Here's a link to the song I'm currently working on, and I have to point out that without the multi band compressor, there's no problem at all. In fact the instruments are nicely balanced imo.

Loading SoundCloud…

Could use a Reason mentor.

The gear I use for production:

Balance.
ADAM A7X monitors
Nektar Panorama P4
Shure SRH 940 studio headphones.

I do not own that many RE's since I believe that everything I need, are already inside Reason.