Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-06-20, 15:48

Unhappy External Mic set up. please help!!!

I'm a newly to RECORD and all I want to do is record vocals from an external mic but my RECORD system is having non of it. Can someone help please.

I've got a MAC 21.5 (without an audio input grrrrr) running RECORD 1.5.

I've got my analogue condenser mic going into a behringer xenyx 1202 mixer which in turn comes out and into my MAC via a behringer U-Control analogue/digital converter.

The MAC is reading the external mic, and RECORD is saying it's there as 'audio preferences' has the option of 'Built-in Microphone + USB Audio Codex'.

I load an audio track on RECORD and the one option is 'Built-in Microphone + USB Audio Codex' but still it will only record from the internal mic.

I'm sure there is a simply solution or that I just need to alter something in the settings

Any help would be much appreciated