Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-06-21, 10:13

More organization in the RE store

https://www.propellerheads.se/forum/....php?p=1341260

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightONE View Post
We need better organization in the store... new category CV tools (that one can be really messy, i won't be seeing it too often )... maybe a tagging system and better rankings maybe with user reviews / comments!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinbfrancis View Post
As they get more REs it will become increasingly difficult to navigate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrocaetanos View Post
Indeed! It would be nice for users to be able to hide REs, and just receive warnings if there were updates (cause a RE can go from a state of "don't like this think", to "wow, this got really better").

Props database already includes, per user, for each RE, at least tried/non-tried status and bough/not-bought status. I would be just adding a third flag, hidden/not-hidden.

I'm not sure if it should be overridden by updates, as that could be abused by pushy developers, unless Props are very strict on what they demand for an update. But as I see no other effective way, it is better to know if an update has changed the product.
A tagging system would be a dream, but being less bold in the request, this ability to hide REs would be very useful, and seems to me easy to implement.

Now, let me give a commercial argument of how this system is good for Props and Devs: There are several REs that I want, but haven't bought yet. As store is growing I'm starting to "loose" them in middle of more and more REs I don't care about. Soon the work will be too much to find them (alphabetic ordering isn't useful as I don't remember the names, only when I see them). Yes, I can create a list, and I've done so, but it's messy, and I have to keep track of where it is, and I'm guess users less obsessive than I could never be bothered to track things with a list...

So taking this last consideration in account, at the very least create a favorites system. Thinking well, I suppose this is what's really needed and would work the best. Besides SHOP HOME, and BROWSE, we would also get FAVORITES in the top. And each RE page needed a FAVORITE button (that can be reset). Simple.

Having the tags and ordering working on the favorites page would be useful too, specially in the long term.

In the shop home, HIGHEST RATED isn't really needed: what we need is a sort by rating option.

NEW RELEASES should track the time user last accessed, in order to show everything new since then.

User customizable tags would be the cherry on top of the cake
(I suppose that's the one that implies a lot more to implement).