Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-07-08, 00:22

Reason/Balance, latency problems

Hi all,

I've just bought Reason and I'm experiencing latency problems!
At first, I couldn't get any sound from the FX rack in Reason - by this, I mean the standard FX loaded when making new project; the 2 reverb units, the Echo unit and the DDL-1 Digital Delay.

However, adding the Line6 guitar was a breakthrough, I got the sounds from this unit, but the aforementioned units were still not working.
I tried deleting the FX units and adding them again, this solved the problem.
But now, when using the delay, there is a major latency problem - the unit indicates signal in at the same moment i play the guitar, but there is no sound in the headphones until the first repeat from the delay.
Also, when playing with only the Line6 guitar amp, I get these short cuts in the sound, which is not only annoying, but it also, obviously, makes successful recording impossible.

Anyone else here had similar problems?
My PC is quite powerful, an MSI GT663 with an i7-720QM processor, 12 GB RAM and so on. I'm using the Propellerhead Balance, by the way.