Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-08-03, 05:50

Reason 7 bug.

I believe I have found a bug in Reason 7.

I have 2 88key midi keyboards. Both are on midi busA. one is set to bus A on channel 1. The other is on BusA channel 2. The advanced midi tab shows activity correctly for channel 1and channel 2 when the associated keyboard Is played. It took some effort to lock each keyboard to the dedicated rack so I would get eack keyboard to play independant sounds, I had to make a third instrument to lock the red highlight border primary instrument on with volume off.

the bug occurs when i start midi record. I get midi data on both sequencer tracks for instruments 1and 2 regardless of which rack insrtument the midi traffic is on. It seems to me surface locking should lock to a midi channel and, not require a indepandant midi bus/device.

anyone else see this? You will need a midi merge setup to combine multiple midi inputs to a single output to the single midi input of most soundcards. also configure each keyboard to a unique midi channel 1 through 16. In 6.5, on my windows machine using a 1616 emu, I got two busses, and everything worked fine. I upgraded to 7 for midi enhancements.