Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-08-03, 13:42

Smile Automation on the Fly

The mixer is one more step to becoming a real diamond; however, in the are of mastering I believe just like the mute and solo buttons we need an Automation button to single out which section we are going to Automate on the fly.
Let's say you are playing a session and you come up with muting three instruments but you do not want to kill the groove and stop the session, all one would do is, just hit the automation button then mute and drop the sounds out. Wa-la it's there. But say you play back this moment of inspiration and you do not like the cut-in/cut-out point you hit the Auto button and it back to the original recording. This allow one to see what could possible sound like.
One could argue you have a mute bottom already and to that fact I say I agree, but instead of right clicking and losing the moment the auto-button is for a quick mastering aspect that you only get at the time of mastering, which could be heard on the fly.
If you have recorded for any time most I would say hear their songs in the mastering phase not the workout stage.