Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-08-06, 10:20

Macbook Air 2013 maxed out or cMBP 2.9 8gb?

Hey guys,

Ive got a bit of a dilema on my hands. My main workhorse laptop has finally died and i am in dire need of a new machine. Ive decided to fo for a macbook as i would also like to ReWire into Logic in the future.

This will be my main Reason machine, and i would like it to last a few years to come. My main choices in my budget are either the 2013 Air with the i7 and 8gb memory upgrade, or the cMBP 13" with the 2.9 i7 8gb RAM. A lot of people are suggesting i wait for the Haswell release of the Pros in the next couple of months, but i would rather not be stuck without a computer for that long (also not too bothered with the Retina). Which one do you think will suit heavy Reason 7 use better?

Of course the Air already comes with a very speedy SSD which is an upside, and the pro i'd have to upgrade at a later date, but the upside of the Pro is of course the upgadeable RAM + supersrive slot for a storage drive (and slightly faster CPU), but is it worth giving up the Haswell in the air?

What do you guys think? Do any of you use an Air?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Hamersfx2; 2013-08-06 at 10:32.