Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-08-13, 17:08

Unhappy Reason 3.0 - cannot save/save as..

Hi folks

So, I have had Reason 3.0 (yeah, I know - old, old...) installed on my WinXP machine. Worked like a charm for years, done some good stuff. Recently developed a bug where I cannot SAVE my projects (*.rns) - as soon as I go to File > Save the app just crashes. Everything works fine in terms of audio drivers, MIDI, sync etc - I can hear, play and record stuff, build racks, connect wires etc but just not save any more.

Logged two calls with Propellerhead support one of which was answered, although the suggestion of clearing out the Reason preference file didnt work. Tried un and re installing several times to no avail, even to manually selected directory in case of something perhaps fishy with registry etc.. no good.

Really weird, as I say this has worked fine up until last month on the same machine. Support dont seem to give one, so I'm hoping perhaps someone on the forum can help.

Many thanks in advance for any ideas
David Y