Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-08-16, 10:46

Question Mastering & MS-Processing

Hi there!!

I'm using reason since 10 years and I'm really glad to have the R7 now.

One of the basic questions always is: How do I finish my track in reason? The answer was quite easy in previous versions: you just don't do it. No dithering, no mastering effects.. just export it with 48k/24bit and leave the rest to mastering tools.

After watching this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i0IMHAnzK8
..I decided to use MS-Processing as a common standard in all my tracks. I think this is a good base to finish the track in reason and leave the rest to Waves-Mastering. Please correct me if I am wrong..

Now my question: I am no sound engineer. The MS-Processing gives me a dynamic and wide sound, but however some elements are not "heavy" enough.. f.e. the snare looses all it's punch after it.

Here an example: https://soundcloud.com/jaschapascha/...-shake-it-baby

I guess I'm doing something wrong, just not sure what it is.

Thank you for helping!!

Cheers,
Jascha