Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-08-05, 21:03

Lightbulb Getting Orchestral

So I'm planning on buying Project SAM's Symphobia in the next couple of months, which will require me to buy a DAW that can support Kontakt (most likely reaper).

It will be a bit inconvenient to work with both software simultaneously trying to write film scores but it seems like a good reason (no pun intended). I guess I just wish that there was a Kontakt rack extension, which I'm sure has been suggested but is very unlikely to happen, but if that were to be made, or if propellerhead made a professional grade orchestral film scoring refill or rack extension, it would eliminate my need to ever go into another DAW.

I realize that Propellerhead's larger body of users might be more focused on electronic music, but seeing as it's been becoming a place where I have all the tools to make oldschool progressive rock, I'm hoping that they will go beyond "reason strings" and make some form of classical instruments, or a way to support others, that will appropriately allow me to dump my wallet and boost my filmscoring career all within Reason.

What do you think?