Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-08-29, 19:19

Audio Interface

I am upgrading my mini home studio, and getting a few things I haven't got. Anyway, I am debating whether or not to get a different audio interface, or whether mine is adequate for my needs. I will be using it for vocals mainly, and a plug in acoustic guitar. I will be purchasing a wide diaphragm cardioid condenser mic. I just want the best quality I can get for as minimal budget as possible really. I currently have a Behringer Xenyx Q502/USB Audio Interface/Mixer, the specifications of which are below.

The XENYX Q502USB features great-sounding, high headroom XENYX mic preamps. These state-of-the-art mic preamps offer a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz.

Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer
State-of-the-art, phantom powered XENYX Mic Preamp comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
Studio-grade compressors with super-easy “one-knob” functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound on all mono channels
Built-in stereo class compliant USB/Audio interface to connect directly to your computer.
Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument / effect plug-ins downloadable at www.behringer.com
Unlock your recording potential with the included Toontrack EZ Drummer Lite Plus and EZ Mix Basic software download.
Neo-classic "British" 2-band EQ for warm and musical sound
Main mix, stereo CD/tape plus separate headphone outputs
CD/tape inputs assignable to headphone output or main mix outputs

http://www.dv247.com/mixers/behringe...b-mixer--97819

I am thinking of maybe getting a Pre-Sonus Audio Box V2 USB Audio-Interface, as somebody on this site, and in a home recording magazine I bought recently, recommended it.

24-bit / 44.1, 48k USB audio recording interface
2 class A XMAX microphone / instrument preamplifiers
48V phantom power
2 balanced TRS outputs
MIDI input/output
Powered via USB
FREE PreSonus Studio One Artist Software

http://www.dv247.com/computer-hardwa...-system--48498

Would there be any great difference/advantages/quality difference in changing to this audio interface?