Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-09-26, 10:39

Reason 7.01 - External Midi - Doepfer MS 404

Hi Folks,

I run into a problem trying to get my Doepfer MS-404 working together with Reason 7.
I've created a Midi Instrument set my Oxygen 8 as default Midi device, created an Audio Track for the MS404 and adjusted the sound card were the MS404 is connected to.
BUT: The MS-404 won't do anything.
I did all like it is also described in the P-Heads tutorial with the Mopho, bu tno success.

You can't adjust a Midi channel on the MS-404, it just has a a Midi learn button and this will search for active Midi messages.
If I do press learn on the MS404 and then play on the keyboard of my Oxygen 8, it will react on that and it looks like the MS404 will get the Midi command, but still there is now sound comming out of the MS404.
I'm sure that the MS404 itself has no output, so it's not a routing problem on the aduio interface.

Nex try was to drwaing some notes into the Midi instrument lane, but the MS404 does nothing and if I press learn again it won't find anything, it just looks like Reason is not sending any Midi to the MS404!?

Again, the Oxygen 8 is the Midi interface and adjusted in Reason, the Midi Output of the Oxy goes to the Midi IN on the MS-404, so that should be ok.

I hope you guys have an idea, any help i svery much appreciated!!

Cheers,
Aki