Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-09-09, 02:00

Combinator not letting me use two controllers separately

Short version:
It seems as though the Combinator receives on all channels all the time. Is that true? Is there a way to force it to receive only on one specific channel? (I tried the Advanced MIDI Device)

Long Version:
I have a MIDI keyboard (channel 1) and a MIDI percussion instrument sending out on channel 4

I have ONE midi input on my sound card connected to a laptop. I am using a 2in 1out MIDI Merger to funnel both controllers into the one MIDI input.

Unfortunately Reason only sees one MIDI input so can't differentiate between the two controllers in Reason 7 (and lock them to devices).

I am able to get them to play two different sounds simultaneously - i.e. a Subtractor with the keyboard and a Kong with the Drumpads. I do this by setting the two different MIDI channels with the Advanced Midi section at the top of the rack. (It can be accomplished within one Bus)

But when I use a Combinator for the keyboard to control - the drumpad plays the combinator sounds with the Kong sounds, even though I have the Combinator on channel 1 and the Drumpads sending only channel 4.

See question at top, thanks if anyone can help.

Last edited by MashedBuddha; 2013-09-09 at 02:03.