Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-09-17, 22:56

Lightbulb Sequencer/Pianoroll Enhancements

As a vintage Reason user looking to upgrade, I really like what I've been seeing lately with the most recent versions and wanted to pass along some feature enhancement suggestions for future consideration. Aside from the usual requests for improved RE optimization, I'm most interested in smaller workflow and usability improvements in the sequencer and piano roll editor that I've grown accustomed to in other DAWs when composing electronic music. Here are a few I'd love to see:

* Quantize note length
* Muting individual notes
* Ability to use the selection tool in the sequencer area to select a time range on the grid. This makes it much quicker to slice up clips and even whole sections of clips for rearranging and quickly looping sections on the timeline. This is something I've really come to appreciate in Ableton Live's arrangement editor.
* Customizable keyboard shortcuts or more shortcuts in general for commands like "Select notes of same pitch", increasing/decreasing the grid snap value or toggling triplets

These are the kinds of workflow features that dramatically speed up sliced audio manipulation, especially now that Reason has implemented transient slicing.

Cheers!