Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-09-18, 12:36

Freezing/Bouncing..CPU power

I started using Rack extensions recently and really like some of the Synths out there. The thing is they use too much CPU power so as some point or another you need to sort of "freeze" your tracks or Bounce them to audio.This is ofcourse after running of all the other options such as optimizing your song, increasing Buffer size,reading the manual...etc. I wanted to ask you guys what 's your routine in situations like this? Do you sample the instrument you are working on into a NNXT for example?..Do you work in different Blocks ( Block for audio and a block for MIDI)..Do you export pre FX or Post FX. What if FX are in the instrument such as Predator's delay for example?
I thought we might begin a chat about it . may be PH guys will soon find a better solution.