Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-09-26, 01:42

problem with balance

My Balance, which has been working fine for more than a year, just stopped working. I have read through the other posts on this issue and I am still not sure which flavor of problem I am having.

When I plug it into a USB2 port on a windows 7 computer, i get the CODEMETER removal storage volume with CM-Stick directory in it.
When I plug it into a USB2 port or a USB3 port on a windows 8 computer, i get the CODEMETER storage volume but it is empty.
In both cases, I have the driver installed, and in both cases it comes up in device manager as Unknown Device and any attempts to update the driver fail.

And the Balance never lights up. It was working fine on my windows 8 desktop, i moved it to the windows 8 laptop after installing the driver, plugged it in to the USB2 port and nothing. Then moving it back to the other computer, now it does not seem to power up even on that machine.

Any ideas?
thanks