Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-09-27, 15:55

Converting 32 bit tracks for Reason

Hi all,
I want to import some old songs that were created on a friend's Cubase some years ago into Reason. Problem is they were exported as 32 bit/48khz (which Reason doesn't recognise). I installed a copy of Cubase LE4 this morning - supplied with an M-Audio keyboard - and was wondering whether to convert the songs at the Cubase import stage to 24 bit/44.1khz and export the same for Reason. I'm really trying to avoid any dithering taking place and if I imported them into Cubase as original 32 bit and exported them as 24 bit I would have to do that. What happens if I convert at the import stage as opposed to the export stage(?) I want to rework them in Reason and was curious what happens at the importing/conversion stage in Cubase (does automatic dithering take place?). Hope that makes sense!

Last edited by ionly; 2013-09-27 at 15:59.