Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-10-07, 16:06

Civil Protection - Stolen Fire

Hello!

As some of you may or may not know (I feel like I start an awful lot of threads on this forum with that phrase...!), I write a lot of music for both my own solo albums & releases, and for production use in advertising/TV/film trailers/whatever. I also perform vocals & play guitars and generally make lots of noise in an instrumental post-rock band called Civil Protection.

When we first formed, we came from all over the place - our intention was to primarily perform as a post-rock band, but we ended up performing a lot of alt-rock/electronic pieces (mostly written by me) while we "found our sound". After many gigs and much deliberation, we actually got our arses in gear and, thankfully, got into writing the kind of music that brought us all together in the first place. We played a couple of gigs with our new sound and the reception was fantastic. After our second gig as a full-on post-rock-esque act, we were picked up by a local independent label... so we figured we were doing something right

Earlier this year, we recorded our first album. The whole album was mixed using Reason, and I used Reason for the bulk of arrangement & work. I'm really thrilled with how it's all turned out, and I'm really excited to finally be able to share the album in it's entirety.

You can listen to the entire album on Soundcloud via this handy player:
Loading SoundCloud…

You can also listen to & purchase the album in your format of choice (both physical & digital) on our Bandcamp page here.
http://civilprotection.bandcamp.com

This is definitely an exploration into previously uncharted territory for myself, and I had an absolute blast producing the album. Being a guy who's used to being able to work with synths & sequencers when needed (though not being averse to focussing on guitars, vocals & other organic instruments when required), it was a fantastic experience to work almost entirely with live instrumentation instead.

I'd love to know what you think of our music. We're commencing a small UK tour starting at the end of the week