Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-10-25, 21:16
wickedged

Reason 6.5 and Novation Impulse

Hi everyone,

I've just bought 6.5 after a period away from Reason, but am having some problems setting up my Impulse 49 with it via Automap 4. I've emailed Novation support directly about the issues I'm having, but thought I'd post on here while I wait for a response to see if anyone else has had similar issues that might be able to help.

After launching Automap 4.7.0, switching the Impulse on and then booting up Reason 6.5.3, I open the Reason preferences screen. I click on the 'Control Surfaces' tab, then the 'Auto-detect surfaces' button. Reason is only ever able to pick up the 'Novation Automap Control' surface, and is unable to find the other two required in the Automap Software Setup guide (ie. 'Novation Automap Keyboard' and 'Novation Automap Mixer'). I can add the 'Novation Automap Keyboard' manually without any problems, but when I try to add 'Novation Automap Mixer' manually I run into problems. I make sure I right-click Reason's Master Volume and select 'Lock Novation Automap Mixer to this device.' However, when I come to move the Impulse's faders, I receive the message from Automap saying that no mixers have been found. Although I can use the rotary knobs on the faders, this then somehow stops them auto-mapping to Reason's instruments.

I'm running Reason 6.5.3 and Automap 4.7.0 on a Mac OSX 10.9 (Mavericks). Has anyone else had a similar problem and was able to overcome it? Any help would be greatly received!