Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2013-11-17, 16:03

Reason 7: Two MIDI out at once?

I have two hardware synths (Roland JP-8000 and Novation Mininova). What I'm looking to do is have two completely seperate note lanes in Reason that will send MIDI out to both devices at the same time, allowing me to monitor each synth at the same time before actually recording them. I essentially want to use each synth as a rack device, without having to record the audio until I wish to do so - while monitoring both devices simultaneously. I have a USB connected M-Audio Fast Track Pro external sound card, but that only has one pair of MIDI in/out that and one audio, so I can only connect one hardware synth at a time.

Is it possible to send MIDI out to two hardware devices at once and monitor the audio in Reason for both? I'm not looking for a splitter that plays the same notes. I'm looking to play, for example, a bassline and lead (a different set of notes) to each device. What hardware would I need? Two seperate audio cards? A mixer? A link to a product would be appreciated. Thank you!

Andy