Effects Banks on OXYGEN49 3rd GEN (BLUE) in REASON 5
Before Reading.. Here are the specifics of my system related to this problem:
1) Oxygen 49 3rd Gen (Blue) is controlling REASON 5
2) Reason 5 is rewired into Ableton
3) Oxygen 49 is connected via USB (obviously)
4) Oxygen 49 is listed as an (Other) keyboard not as the Oxygen 49 recognized by Reason --- I don't want the directlink because the driver is not made for Reason 5.
I'm trying to create an actual "hands on" instrument for my Reason Synthesizers. I have read MIDI POWER! by Robert Guerin and have completely ate the Oxygen 49 3rd Gen Blue manual up and I still can not find any use for the Presets, PGM (program) and the Bank LSB and MSB options when using Reason 5. I know that the Bank LSB and MSB functions work together in a hierarchy and there are 127 MSBs in an LSB and 127 total LSBs -- and that they are used to load voices and other data - however I'm not getting how that affects my Reason midi mappings at all, and have not had any "hard" evidence as to what the PGM, Preset, and Bank LSB/MSB functions actually do - maybe I'm missing a few steps.
For example: I'm selecting the LSB and MSB keys and cycling through them but it has no correlation to the knobs/faders and so I just am really confused as to what is going on here.
Essentially, what my only objective has been for the past 3 nights now: is that I just want to be able to cycle through different selections of "banks" for my knobs / faders / and buttons on a single instrument, AND THEN if I choose a different synthesizer, I will be able to map functions in the same manner as the other -- with different effects banks and so on. .
So in terms of what buttons I need to press to cycle through one synthesizer (with its own individual effects banks) to another -- I am guessing that I would need to change the midi channel and hit a button that takes me to a different bank of effects banks
To illustrate further: I would like to have 4 banks containing a total of 36 faders, 32 knobs, and x4 of all the other buttons for each synthesizer that I have uploaded in Reason. I would then like to have 6 banks that contain the 4 effects banks. So essentially there are a total of 16 effects banks categorized with the hierarchical banks (Similar to the way LSB and MSB function).
I wanted to maybe map the Faders to a graphic EQ, then hit a button that cycles me to another bank of effects where I can map the attack/decay/sustain/release for my Thor Synthesizer, and so on and so on. I could then map 2 buttons that cycle through the patches for my Synthesizer (this works in reason) and the controls would still be completely mapped. I just can not find any explicit details in the manual as to how I can do this... and the direct link for Reason 5 doesn't even exist - the update is not even available on the website.
With that being said... How can I do what I said in bold before / categorize the midi information in that way within Oxygen? Can I do it by utilizing:
1) Different Presets on Oxygen -- Can I alter these so they are not automatically mapping to random things within Reason? This is really annoying. Do I just need to have this on Preset 10 and not worry about it ever again because the Presets are hardwired/ can't be altered?
2) Is there someway to utilize the BANK LSB and BANK MSB for opening up new layers of effects that i can assign for my knobs? So LSB 1 would have my faders on Oxygen mapped to filtering functions in Reason, and LSB2 would have Faders on Oxygen mapped to controls for a Reverb Unit in Reason. Does this work, am I completely misinterpreting this? (same goes for MSB)
3) What does the PGM do? I cycle through it and it does nothing when I move my faders up and down. I can't seem to figure out how it maps within Reason 5.
This has been a bloody nightmare for me and I feel like I'm in absolute Midi Limbo right now. I have a deep feeling that my interpretation of MSB and LSB may be wrong and that they are not used for the specific things I am requesting to do, so ANY help as to how I can use these function specifically with Reason 5 and the Oxygen 49 would be absolutely lovely.
I have also posted this same topic in the M-Audio forums, but not many reply on there - so I am hoping I stumble into someone familiar with the Oxygen Midi programming and Reason 5 on these forums.
Last edited by jackroland; 2013-12-29 at 19:57.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Rack Extensions: Remote Map Scopes list||Koshdukai||Phead User Forum (read only)||263||2013-11-15 01:04|
|Audacity waveform, dark blue & Light blue inner||tyerac||Phead User Forum (read only)||2||2012-08-21 19:19|
|oxygen 49 directlink download for reason 4||geminidrums||Phead User Forum (read only)||0||2011-04-16 02:55|
|Problems with Oxygen 49 (Blue) and Reason. How can I turn off DirectLink???||ttaralli||General Forum (read only)||2||2010-12-16 19:14|
|For fisherKing (and other Oxygen 8 gurus)||durack||General Forum (read only)||6||2003-02-13 06:07|
All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:41.