Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2002-09-21, 05:24
lunacastdj

LunaCast - Live Techno NetCast Saturday September 21st

Reason Friends,
Haven't seen any other posts about other shows like ours, so I thought I'd post a note and see if anyone is interested in listening. The next LunaCast is tomorrow Saturday September the 21st, from 8 PM to 12 midnight CDT. We are on central USA time, same as Chicago, or -5GMT, so I supppose that will be very early in the morning of the 22nd for our European friends.

We have been broadcasting a live techno netcast on full moons for the last year. This Saturday the moon is full again, and we will be sending live beats out into the ether. My collaborator Brian and I use Reason as our main instrument, mixed with pads from interesting old vinyl, a Virus synth, an old Roland Space Echo and other fun sound manipulating devices new and old. Both of us have been making electronica since the 80's, but since Reason came on the scene things have not been quote the same!

Please join us for an evening of new live tunes mixed straight out of the Borg, plus pre-recorded big big bite and XOR tracks. Guaranteed to be 100% original, and 75% live. Tune in to the MP3 audio stream, and point your browser to the LunaCam for an evening of deep atmospheres, chill beats and massive bass. We will be broadcasting a modem speed stream, as well as a stream for the lucky folks with DSL or Cable modem. Go to the web site Saturday evening at http://www.lunacast.com for links to the streams, webcams and information on the broadcast. Hope to see you on the ether!

Jason (and Brian)

---------
When:
Saturday September 21st from 8:00 PM to 12:00 Midnight CDT (that's -5GMT)

---------
Shoutcast:
lunacast.com:8008
High bandwidth channel 128Kbps

lunacast.com:7007
Low bandwidth channel 40Kbps

---------
WWW:
http://www.lunacast.com
During broadcasts this site will contain a webcam, and details about the available channels and bandwidths, or a message saying that my 'cast server has crashed. During the rest of the month I will post the date of the next broadcast, or an excuse as to why I'm bailing.

---------
I set up an anonymous email address and ICQ number to use for DJ'ing. You can find me (only during broadcasts) at ICQ# 125674440, or search ICQ for the email address lunacast_dj@yahoo.com

---------
Email:
lunacast_dj@yahoo.com
If you do not have ICQ, and you need instructions, or are wondering why the hell I'm not on when I said I would be, drop me an email. I'll check it periodically during the 'cast.

Keep your eyes on the sky...

Jason (and Brian)

LunaCast