Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2004-01-28, 18:22

Peff's New Book is Out! Power Tools for Reason 2.5

I was looking for the new issue of Keyboard Mag at my local Books-a-Million (Florida USA) BAM are mostly in the SE USA - about the size of your average Borders but no music section) and passed by the Music Books Section.

What do I see but Power Tools for Reason 2.5! OMG! I didn't even crack it open, but bought it on the spot and read it for about 45 minutes and damn if I am not impressed.

I love the interior art. The User's Guide to Reason 2.0 was also great but the first printing screenshots were horrid. Kurt has line drawing art showing connections and it is very easy to follow. I got two tips I put to use immediately (hints on arpeggiation w/ Matrix) and User Groove with Redrum/Dr.REX.

I can't wait to hit lunch hour and read more. This is a great addition to the User's Guide to Reason 2.0. I also have Reason 2.5 Power! (rehashes the manual) and Reason 2.5 Ignite (v e r y basic) and this is worth the $$. If you had this book, the User's Guide and the Tutorial Video you had better just make some music cause there's no excuse after that (barring an utter lack of talent!)

Cheers!