Propellerhead Software

Go Back   Propellerhead Forum > General Forum (read only)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2004-01-31, 01:35

Parts list for new computer.. need second opinion

Greetings all.Finally ready to start building my new computer with some help form a friend who is local and much more knowledgable then myself with computers and a friend from England who seems to be a computer genius who has put together this list of components.While i do not doubt their knowledge on computers i would like to get a second opinion on this list of parts because they i think are not into the producing music (Reason) aspect of computing. I would hate to spend this amount of money and wind up with something that is not really geared up for what i want which is being able to use reason with no problems and plenty of headroom along with other programs like acid which allow me to record audio in.Heres the list and i appriciate any advice or suggestions.......Abit IC7-Max 3 mother board,Pentium 4 3.2 800 Mhz processor,Seagate SATA 80 gig and 160 or 200 gig hard drive,1 gig Corsair xms ram.ATI 9600 XT video card,Pioneer 107 dvd cd r w ,Thermotake 420 watt power supply, Lian-Li PC6070 aluminium case still have to get keyboard mouse etc. and monitors( i want to be able to run 2 monitors) but i think thats about it for the tower Thanks again for any suggestions