Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2004-08-13, 22:55

NI: Registration problems

Has anybody experienced any difficulties registering NI products? NI Komplete in particular?

I mean, Reason was pretty easy to authorize... That's how it should be done in my opinion.

I have had serious issues with registering NI Komplete 2... It's day six since NI Komplete 2 arrived in the mail. This was after an almost two month wait for it.

NI customer support has been - well - I got an automated email back with a tracking number after my initial query, and nothing since. I tried to install and register a number of times, using different computers (just to make sure I wasn't an idiot) and found the same problem.

I figure this is what's going on:

1. NI Komplete 2 won't install without registration first.

2. To register, you need to log on to their website, enter your license number, and get back an authorization file. This will give you a "system ID" based on your computer's properties (god help you if you upgrade your computer or anything)!

3. However, NI's website won't jive with IE 6.

4. Because it won't jive they ask me to register using the "registration tool" that is installed, but...

5. NI Komplete 2 won't install without registration first.

6. To register, you need to log on to their website, enter your license number, and get back an authorization file. This will give you a "system ID" based on your computer's properties (god help you if you upgrade your computer or anything)!

7. However, NI's website won't jive with IE 6.

8. Because it won't jive they ask me to register using the "registration tool" that is installed, but...

9. NI Komplete 2 won't install without registration first.

Get the picture?

Props to the Props for having the guts to trust their customers a little bit, and for making registration and authorization relatively painless.