Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2004-12-17, 15:38

Does Reason support these features?

I have some general questions about Reason that I have been unable to find answers to by searching the site or the web - I'm hoping you guys can help.

First off, I come from using Performer and Digital Performer since 1990 so I'm pretty set in my ways and I've come to love many features that those programs have.

Can Reason do the following:

- TEMPO CHANGES OR TIME SIGNATURE CHANGES.
For example, can Reason in the middle of a song go from 120 bpm to 97 bpm either abruptly or gradually? And can the time signature be changed from 4/4 to 3/4 in the middle of a song?

- CAN THE LENGTH OF GROUPS OF NOTES BE ALTERED?
I've read that Reason supports quantization of note on, and I've seen how the lengths of individual notes can be dragged longer or shorter. But can the lengths of any number of notes be altered easily by entering a value? For example, in Performer, I can select a bunch of measures and tell them all to quantize on 16th notes and be 45 ticks long (out of 480). Or I can select them all and make them quarter notes by telling them to be 120 ticks long (out of 480). Does Reason have somethi8ng like this or do I have to drag the length of each note to the desired length?

- DOES REASON SUPPORT LIVE DIGITAL HARD DISK RECORDING?
In Digital Performer, I can easily add live guitar or vocals (or anything for that matter) to play along with my compositions. Can Reason allow me to easily record sounds from sources outside of Reason?

Thanks. I look forward to some of your responses. Reason seems like a really awesome program.