Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2005-08-21, 17:02

Piano Roll preview

I know I have a nearly non-existent chance of getting this request implemented, but it's probably among the not so major implementations that people are asking for, and it's usefulness is so big. When you place a note in the piano roll, or move a note around, you should be able to, or at least have the option to hear the note. I don't think there are any sequencers left which don't have this brilliant feature. Currently in Reason, it's so hard to figure out where to place a note. You have to click on the piano roll all the way on the left side of the screen. Then carefully follow the line across back to the point where you want to place the note. In the case of moving a note vertically from one position to another, it's even more difficult. When you take your eyes of the position to grab the note, you lose the position where you will be moving the note to since you can only look at one thing at a time. LOL. Props. I know you have your own vision for Reason being an instrument and all, but for people who spend a lot of time in the piano roll, this option would make a world of difference in both the difficulty and time spent programming in the piano roll.