Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2005-10-25, 18:19

What do you look for in a producer?

Hello,
I was wondering if any of you have ever worked with a producer in the studio? If you have, what was your experience like? If you have not, why not and what would convince you to try it? In addition, what do you look for in a producer? What do you think makes someone a good producer? I'm a producer and I have always tried to help bring out the best in my clients by interviewing them multiple times and listening to their music for hours and hours before making any recommendations about how to alter, record and mix. I ask about their influences and each band members particular style, as well as who they think their demographic is and other things, like how the sound of their band should evolve over the course of several albums etc. I ask a lot of questions and I LISTEN. I also answer every thing the client wants to know about the process as thoroughly as I can. We spend lots of time preparing, both physically (by practicing) and mentally, before we go into the studio, so that we can use our time wisely since it is expensive. I also provide a total audio production + multimedia + custom marketing package for my clients. Check out my website and let me know what you think about my designing. But my real question to all of you is, does this sound like a good collaboration to you? Would you go for something like this if it was offered? And what price would you be willing to pay? By answering these questions, you are helping me expand and improve my production services. Thank you in advance for your input.

http://www.lacedmusic.net