Propellerhead Software
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2006-04-27, 19:01

HARDWARE SYNTH....WHICH ONE!!!????

Ok so for some time now i have been saving and planning to get a desktop/rack-mounted synth in order to take my sound library to a new level. I have it narrowed down to two. At the top of my list is the Acces Virus TI Desktop, which looks incredible in terms of synthesis design. However, I just wanted to know if it comes with a nice sound library to get me started, or if is possible to make drum patches, (which I dont think it is but that's ok bc it has such sweet, high quality sound designing capabilities).

The other synth that just presented itself is the Roland V-Synth XT. I noticed that it was more expensive and comes with a great deal more patches, including drums. It also has a touch sensitive screen where u can automate FX, though I don't know how this holds up against the quantizable FX parameters of the Virus TI. However, I did notice that the sound quality of the Roland patches were nowhere near the quality of the Virus patches.

If neone has ne advice or owns one of these synths I would greatly appreciate ur advice.

I'm leaning strongly toward the Virus, but I don't want to end up spending all of my time designing sounds instead of composing.