The sound sources
Figure features three sound sources - or sections:
The Drum section is based on the NN-Nano sampler of the Reason Kong Drum Designer and can have up to four drum instruments going at once. Each instrument can consist of several sounds that you can alter between.
The Bass section is a synth based on the Thor Polysonic Synthesizer architecture.
The Lead section is a synth based on the Thor Polysonic Synthesizer architecture.
The three sections can be used on their own or together, as desired.
- The built-in sequencer in Figure has three tracks; Drum, Bass and Lead.
- A song in Figure can have a length of 1, 2, 4 or 8 bars. You select the length on the Song tab, see “Setting up song length, tempo, key, tonality and shuffle”.
When you play the song, Figure will loop the selected number of bars infinitely until you tap the Play button again.
- Each track can also include parameter automation that you can record in real-time.
- Notes and parameter automation are controlled from the touchpad.
The touchpads: Bass (and Lead) at the top and Drum at the bottom
The touchpad is where you play and record notes and parameter tweaks. The touchpad has an x and a y axis that control different parameters depending on the situation.
The Drum section features four separate touchpads - one for each Drum instrument. Sound character is controlled on the x axes and drum sound on the y axes.
- To enlarge the touchpads, rotate the iPhone/iPad 90 degrees!