Jason McGerr Sessions
Welcome to Propellerhead Software's Creator Series, a line of quality third party ReFills for your hungry Reason system. Published and released by Propellerhead Software, the Creator Series ReFills are created by top producers, artists, musicians and sound designers from all over the globe, all with their own unique styles, skills and flavors. All Creator ReFills are created specifically for Reason and contain easy to use templates and and Combinator patches that make full use of Reason's features and functions.
All the Styles, All the Time
The Jason McGerr Sessions ReFill contains beats and rhythms suitable for a wide spectrum of musical styles; if you're looking for live played drums for your track, you'll find them here. It's that simple. A versatile drummer and a lover of good music in general, Jason provides you with drum loops and kits whose sound and playing styles range from basic bread 'n' butter pop beats through hip hop to live played glitch (!).
The Jason McGerr Sessions Refill was created specifically for Reason, and with Reason users needs in mind. Which becomes evident the moment you load it up. For instance, each of the featured drum loops comes with a multi-sampled kit made up of individual, full release sounds - letting you combine REX loops and indidvidual hits, for maximum flexibility. Need we add that every multi-sampled kit is available in close as well as ambience versions? Probably not.
On Location Drums
Every sound heard on Jason McGerr Sessions was recorded in Jason's own Two Sticks Recording Studio in Seattle, the very studio used to track the drums on the upcoming and highly anticipated Deathcab For Cutie album. The Sessions were recorded using Class A mics, preamps and outboard gear, capturing faithfully not only Jason McGerr's drums, but also the air and ambience of the room surrounding them.
More than 450 unique REX Loop variations, fills, lead-ins and endings, each with close and ambience version - Total number of REX Loops is over 900.
- More than 2,000 individual drum samples
- Three different versions of every drum kit. Can be used on their own or in various combinations
- Two multiple velocity snare sample collections that include ghost notes, drags, and rolls
- One kick drum recorded at multiple velocities with a felt as well as a plastic beater playing both into and off the drumhead
- 18 Song Starters to help you make the most of the JMS Refill
- 40 MIDI Files to be used with any of the included drum kits
- 38 ReDrum patches
- 12 Effects patches
- 38 NN-XT patches
- More than 25 Combinator patches including various Style Kits and Drum Machine performance patches